Local Economy & Facilities Draft Objectives Survey
THIS SURVEY WILL CLOSE ON 30th April 2017
Draft objectives of the Local Economy and Facilities Focus Group.
The Draft Swot for the Local Economy and Infrastructure Focus Group are:
Strengths and Opportunities
• Two (2) hours free parking in town and unlimited free parking on the Seafront
• Diverse range of shops including Restaurants, Cafe’s, Pubs, Charity Shops and
• Good bus services both Town and External. Bus to Brighton/Eastbourne every
• End of line Train Station facilities with 152 years’ history
• Two Theatres, (one includes a weekly Cinema), Two large communal areas
(Salts and Martello)
• Other amenities include a new Library, the Martello Tower and Museum,
Seaford Bay, Seaford Head, Cuckmere, Coast Guard Cottages, Seaford Golf
Course and View Restaurant, Excellent Filming Locations
Weaknesses and Threats
• Residents don’t want change in Seaford
• Town split by A259. Tourists do not stop off. Lots of “Rat Runs” due to traffic
congestion in town and east onto Exocet Bridge
• Lack of frequent direct train services to London. (Change at Lewes)
• The Town and the Seafront are split by residential dwellings. No bus service on
• Lack of B&B’s and Hotels
• No facilities for Small and start-up businesses or Apprenticeships
To provide the infrastructure to facilitate expansion of existing businesses and to
encourage new enterprises into the area.
To make tourism a key component for the economy of the town of Seaford.
Please take the time to complete the short survey below.